Master’s Scholarships at Mbarara University of Science and Technology in Uganda
- Tuition fees & research costs.
- July 24, 2019
Ready to jumpstart your career? Here, you have an admirable opportunity to apply for the Master’s Scholarships at the Mbarara University of Science and Technology in Uganda.
The program is open for the brilliant female candidates from Uganda, who wish to study the master’s degree coursework at the university in session 2019-2020.
Eligible Countries: Female candidates from Uganda
Postgraduate degree program in the respective departments of Biology, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies.
The applicant must have to undertake coursework studies in the respective departments of Biology, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies, undertake the research activities of the project with the guidance of the research team.
Candidates must have design data collection tools, regular field excursions at the community level including community education and sensitization as per the research guidelines.
Applicants need to communicate regularly with the research team on the progress of the assigned research assignments, timely collection, analysis and presentation of data.
Aspirants must have to undertake a 2 years Master’s Programme in accordance with MUST rules and regulations.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The successful scholar will get tuition fees, research costs, and a monthly stipend in Uganda.
The successful applicant will work under the supervision of Dr. Casim Umba Tolo (Promoter, MUST), Dr. Viola Nilah Nyakato (Co-Promoter, MUST), Dr. Tine Huyse (Promoter– Royal Museum for Central Africa, Belgium), Dr. Caroline Masquillier (Co-Promoter, Antwerp), Prof. Karolien Poels (Co-Promoter, Antwerp) and other project team members from Uganda and Europe.
The application package should include:
- A letter of motivation
- A cover letter (1 page)
- A CV (2 pages)
- Copies of academic documents
- A letter of recommendation from the current employer/immediate supervisor (1 page) – if applicable
- A letter from an academic referee supporting your application (1 page). The application should be compiled into one document of no more than 8 pages in total
- Only complete applications will be assessed
- The applications should be addressed (and submitted) to the local promoter by email: email@example.com. Ensure that the following emails addresses are included in the cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
- All applications should be submitted by 17th July 2019, 5:00 pm EAT.
- The selection process will involve two stages – a pre-selection phase between 17th and 24th July 2019, and the final selection between 24th and 31st July 2019. The successful candidates should be ready to start their studies at the beginning of the academic year 2019/2020 scheduled for mid-August, 2019.
- If you want to take advantages of this bursary, then you are needed to take admission to the master’s degree coursework at the university. After taking confirmation, seekers can send their award applications to the local promoter by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must attach the letter of motivation, cover letter, CV, copies of academic documents, letter of recommendation, a letter from an academic referee supporting the application.
- For being admitted, claimants are required to have a bachelor degree in humanities, sociology, anthropology, development studies, gender, community development, etc. from a recognized university.
- For joining this program, aspirants must have to provide evidence of English language proficiency.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.