Master of Human Rights and Democratisation Scholarships for Asia Pacific Region, 2017-2018
- 1 April 2017
The Master of Human Rights and Democratization (Asia Pacific) (APMA Program), hosted at Mahidol University’s Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies (IHRP), is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year. There will be approximately 20 scholarships available for applicants from the Asia-Pacific region.
The Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies (IHRP) is the result of a recent merger between Mahidol University’s Center for Human Rights Studies and Social Development (est. 1998) and the Research Center for Peacebuilding (est. 2004).
Applicants must have high English language proficiency (at least a score of 500 for TOEFL or 6.0 for IELTS).
In order to be eligible for the APMA applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field, with a minimum GPA of 2.50 (or the equivalent)
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Travel Allowance: Reimbursement of travel to a maximum of EUR 700 to EUR 1,400 (depending on amount of travel).
- Scholarship holders travelling within Southeast Asia only: up to EUR 700
- Scholarship holders travelling between regions: up to EUR 1,000
- Scholarship holders who can prove substantive extra travelling costs (such as travel from the Pacific Islands): up to EUR 1,400
Education costs: Payment of education costs related to the completion of the APMA degree. This includes:
- Tuition fee: The scholarship includes payment of university tuition fees for 12-month duration of the APMA, including costs of 36 credit points study, taken over two regular and a summer semester (a 12 month period).
- Education and student service fees: Costs of student fees will be covered for 12 months.
- Internet service fee and Health insurance covered for first semester at Mahidol University.
Monthly living allowance: Living allowance of approximately 20,000 Baht or EU 500 for the 12 month period. This stipend contributes to the scholarship holder’s living expenses for the twelve-month duration of the APMA program.
Research thesis allowance: An allowance of EU 500 can be used when the scholarship holder is preparing a thesis for defense. The study allowance is intended to cover costs of thesis editing, binding, and page layout.
Applicants can be sent via email or by post. All applicants must also include the following documentation to be considered for a scholarship:
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.