Marine Scholarship for International Students at Xiamen University
- Master, Phd
- 15 April 2017
Applications are invited for Chinese Govt. Marine Scholarship to pursue master and doctoral programme at Xiamen University in China. Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Xiamen University, colloquially known as Xia Da, located in Xiamen, Fujian province, is the first university in China founded by overseas Chinese. Established by Tan Kah Kee in 1921, the university was originally known as Amoy University.
In order to enhance its internationalisation, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programmes for international students. These programmes are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of the Chinese society and culture.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the the scholarship.
- The applicant should be a citizen of non-Chinese nationality in good health, from a coastal/island country of South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific and its surrounding island country, or an African developing country.
- The applicant should apply for the postgraduate program of ocean-related specialities. Applicants will be given priority if they are engaged in the ocean-related field.
- Education background and age limit:
Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be usually under the age of 40.
Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be usually under the age of 45.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Exemption from tuition fees,
- Accommodation on campus or providing off-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (undergraduate students/master’s students: CNY 700 per month; doctoral students (senior scholars): CNY 1000 per month);
- Living allowance: RMB 3,000 per month for master’s students, and RMB 3,500 per month for doctoral students;
- Comprehensive medical insurance;
- International travel expenses: to be paid by the student.
Number of Scholarships: A total of five scholarships will be awarded.
Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted to the masters or doctoral programme of Xiamen University. (Application guidelines for master’s programmes / doctoral programmes 2017 are available at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn. )
- Applicants shall make online application at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn (Agency No. of Xiamen University at CSC: 10384) and download and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and then sign the form.
- Applicants are required to make another online application at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/application.php and upload the required application documents. Please download and print out the Application Form for International Students generated upon successful online application.
Submission of application documents:
- Send by post to XMU’s Admissions Office the two forms and other required documents. Application documents should reach the Office before April 15, 2017. When mailing application documents from mainland China, EMS mailing service is highly recommended as to ensure timely and efficient delivery of your package. (Postal address: Admissions Office of Xiamen University, Fujian Province, China 361005; Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792)
- Applicants are expected to keep their phones open and check their email regularly as XMU’s Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.