Mandela Scholarship Fund
Leiden University founded the Mandela Scholarship Fund to give South African (post-) graduate students the opportunity to study at Leiden University for a maximum period of one academic year. Students who wish to follow a two year Master´s programme will have to cover the expenses for the second year themselves. The Ambassador of South Africa in the Netherlands and the Rector Magnifi cus of Leiden University will administer the Fund.
Applicants must be:
- Permanent residents of South Africa
- Enrolled at a South African University
- Accepted for a semester program at Leiden University as an exchange or Study Abroad student
- Willing to upgrade or extend their knowledge in order to make a contribution towards the development of South Africa
- Committed to returning to their country after their study period at Leiden University
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
International travel costs: €1000
Living allowance : €800 per month (max. 5 months)
Insurance: will be sponsored by AON Student Insurance and arranged by Student and Educational Affairs
Study Abroad Students
- Tuition fee: actual fee
- International travel costs: €1000
- Living allowance: €800 per month (max. 5 months)
- Insurance: will be sponsored by AON Student Insurance and arranged by Student and Educational Affairs
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.