The Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship is intended for Arab students who have been officially accepted into a Master's or Ph.D programme in the Netherlands or for Dutch students who have been accepted into a Master's or Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
The award is designed to enhance the postgraduate educational experience and promote intercultural cooperation by offering students from Europe and the Arab world the means to study or research in each other's respective countries.
The official application form completed in English should be used, and should be submitted to the Foundation by February 15th and be accompanied by:
- Motivation / purpose statement (in English)
- Curriculum vitae (in English).
- Copy of passport plus an additional current passport photo in colour.
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translation).
- Letter of acceptance from host university in the Netherlands.
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees.
- An official course description of the programme offered by the host university.
- Budget: please provide a detailed financial overview, including tuition fees and living expenses, as well as other sources of income to cover your study in the Netherlands for the academic year you are applying.
- Signed and dated MSR Scholarship Application Form.
- The student should hold a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or will have completed the degree course and obtained the degree before the commencement of the academic year.
- Candidates should be inhabitants of a country in the Arab World or have the Dutch nationality.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master's or a Ph.D programme in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have received an official letter for a Master's or a Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
The scholars will be selected by the Board of the Foundation by April 30th.
The Foundation will pay a scholarship that covers half of the expenses in the proposed and approved budget to a maximum of € 15,000 for the academic year.
When you wish to apply for the Mahmoud s. Rabbani scholarship, please apply through the application link.