The Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship is named in honour of the founder of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation. It is intended for Arab students who have been accepted into a Masters or Ph.D programme in the Netherlands or for Dutch students who have been accepted into a Masters or Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
The goal of this scholarship, besides fostering interaction between Arab and European students, is to provide the means for students seeking to broaden their own horizons. In keeping with the foundation’s mission, all areas of study are eligible for the grant, and primary requirements are that applicants must have a firm grasp of English, or the language their program will be in. The scholarship is designed for dynamic students with an interest in fostering the formation of ties between these two regions.
Candidates who are Arab students should be inhabitants of a country in the Arab world and (this includes all nationals from North African and Middle Eastern member countries of the Arab League). Candidates who are Dutch students should have a Dutch nationality.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have been accepted into a Masters or a Ph.D programme in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have been accepted into a Masters or a Ph.D programme in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
- Tuition and living expenses
The maximum amount of an MSR scholarship is €15,000
Criteria for the evaluation
- Academic excellence
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant’s continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context.
- Strong motivation in line with the ideals of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation’s goal of promoting Euro-Arab dialogue and understanding
- Financial need