Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for ASEAN Students, 2017
Macquarie University is pleased to offer scholarships to pursue the undergraduate and postgraduate programme. Applicants must be a citizen of the ASEAN Region (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
Recognized internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world* and within the top 10 in Australia*.
It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students.
Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications. All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting standard English language requirements (i.e. equal to IELTS 6.5).
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be a citizen of the ASEAN Region (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.0 out of 7.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one Session in duration.
- Commence study in session and year indicated in the scholarship offer letter.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
- Commence study in the semester and year indicated in their offer of Scholarship. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Commencement may not be deferred and must be in 2017 only.
- Students must stay enrolled in their program to be eligible to receive the AUD$5,000 payment.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University. Students may be eligible to accept the ASEAN Scholarship together with this scholarship if they fulfil the above conditions.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College or Macquarie City Campus.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – ASEAN is a Partial Scholarship for Undergraduate and a Postgraduate study, the amount is AUD$5,000 and it will be paid after the Census Date student’s program in their first session.
The mode of application is online.
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number.
- Applicants must complete an **online scholarship application form **and type “VCIS-ASEAN” in the Scholarship Name field.
Once you have completed the online scholarship application form, a confirmation email will be sent to you at your nominated email address. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.