Macquarie University Higher Study Scholarships in Australia
- 19 February 2021
Being a Macquarie student will be one of the best times of your life because you’ll have so many opportunities to discover your potential. As well as starting to carve out a fabulous career for yourself, you’ll have opportunities to travel the globe with our support, undertake an internship with a leading organisation and awaken your adventurous side.
Whether you’re an audacious high-school leaver, a non school applicant, a highly skilled postgraduate or an ambitious international student, we look forward to welcoming you to Macquarie University.
This scholarship is not open to students undertaking research courses or Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diplomas courses.
The scholarship generously rewards students who have demonstrated academic excellence but it also has an equally strong commitment to equity.
The successful applicant for this scholarship will be:
- An Australian citizen, Permanent resident or New Zealand citizen
- Studying or intending to study full-time or part time at the Honours or postgraduate coursework level in a Commonwealth Supported place or tuition fee place. NOTE: students undertaking Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma study are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Able to demonstrate financial hardship. Applicants need to be in receipt of Youth Allowance or any other means tested Commonwealth support payment
Consideration is also given to applicants who, in addition to financial hardship, demonstrate any of the following:
- capacity to triumph over hardship
- Indigenous background
- carer responsibilities
- geographic Disadvantage
- English language difficulty
- long term medical condition or on going effects of abuse
Academic merit will also be considered.
Priority will be given to students who qualified for a Macquarie equity scholarship during their undergraduate study. Preference is also given to students who have not previously completed postgraduate study. Students coming from another university or not previously in receipt of a scholarship can also apply.
The Macquarie University Higher Study Scholarship (MAHS) is valued at $11,024 for full time study rate or $5,512 for part time study rate (2020 value).
Applications are via uac.edu.au/equity
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.