Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship in Australia, 2017
- Bachelor, Master
- 1 July 2017
Macquarie University is offering Africa Development Scholarship to pursue the undergraduate or postgraduate programme. African students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Recognized internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world and within the top 10 in Australia.
It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students.
Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications. All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting standard English language requirements (i.e. equal to IELTS 6.5).
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Have applied for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework through a registered Macquarie University agent or through our online application system.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at our North Ryde campus.
- Have enrolled and be ready to begin your course in 2016 (commencement may not be deferred).
- Commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- You’re not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- Students who are on an English-packaged course are eligible for this scholarship if they commence their course in 2016 or 2017.
- You’re not eligible if you have received any other Macquarie University scholarship (which may include the UAC Scholarship) for this course of study unless you have been advised otherwise by a representative of the university.
- To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must stay enrolled in your original approved course of study and pass all units of the course.
University provides AU$5000 annually towards your tuition fees for the length of the course (AU$2500 is credited against your tuition fees each semester).
You don’t need to apply directly to be considered for a country scholarship. Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.
Details on how to apply to Macquarie University for a coursework degree are available on the website.
Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter sent via email.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.