MA Jameel Scholarships for UK/EU Students at Cardiff University in UK, 2017
- 31 January 2017
Applications are invited for three full-time scholarships for the MA Islam in Contemporary Britain for the academic year 2017-2018. These Scholarships for UK and EU nationals to pursue a master degree programme.
The aim of the Ph.D. studentship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Cardiff is established as one of Britain’s leading universities. Its ambition is to be among the top 100 universities in the world and top 20 in the UK.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarships:
Residency: UK Research Council eligibility conditions apply
- A first class or very high upper-second class honors degree in a relevant subject (Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Social Sciences, Philosophy or History) from a UK university.
- Full awards are open only to UK and EU nationals who satisfy UK residency requirements.
- Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrable record of interest in, and/or enthusiasm for, working with British Muslims.
- Willingness to attend all Islam-UK Centre activities and events (e.g. weekly Spring Semester Public Lecture Series) and to undertake some voluntary work with local Muslim communities in South Wales.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
Tuition fee support: Full UK/EU tuition fees
Maintenance stipend: Each scholarship will comprise of full-time Cardiff University MA fees for 2017/18 and a stipend of approximately £16,000.
Additional funding offered: You will also receive a research allowance for books and attending conferences.
All MA scholarships are required to complete the following:
- Cardiff University Postgraduate online application for the full-time MA in Islam in Contemporary Britain with September 2017 entry. You will find an ‘apply now’ link on the course page, which brings you to the SIMS Online Application System where applicants will need to register as a ‘New User’.
- An MA Jameel Scholarships Application Form, all sections of which must be completed in full. MA Jameel Scholarships Application Forms are available to download on the right-hand side of this page. Completed forms must be submitted as an email attachment with the heading ‘MA Jameel Scholarships’ to Jameel Scholarships by the deadline.
- Two references, of which AT LEAST one, must be from a University from which the applicant has graduated. References should be completed on an MA Referee Report Form which should be sent as an email attachment to Jameel Scholarships by the deadline. The MA Referee Report Form is available to download on the right-hand side of this page. Applicants should follow instructions given on the MA Referee Report Form. Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that references are received by the deadline. Failure to do so will compromise the application.
- A complete transcript of all marks achieved to date to be sent as an email attachment toJameel Scholarships by the deadline. Failure to do so will compromise the application.
Checklist for candidates:
- Submit Cardiff University online postgraduate application via SIMS for the MA in Islam in Contemporary Britain by the deadline.
- Submit an MA Jameel Scholarships Application Form as an email attachment to Jameel Scholarships by the deadline.
- Request each referee (2) to submit an MA Referee Report Form as an email attachment to Jameel Scholarship by the deadline.
- Submit a complete transcript of all marks achieved to date as an email attachment toJameel Scholarships by the deadline.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.