MA and MSc Scholarship for UK/EU and Overseas Students at SOAS, University of London in UK, 2017-2018
- Deadline: February 22, 2017
SOAS, University of London is offering H.E. Dr Issa Ghanim Jassim Al-Kawari Scholarship for pursuing full-time masters (MA and MSc) degree programmes at SOAS, focusing on the study of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. These scholarships are open to UK/EU and Overseas students to enable them to undertake a range of full-time Taught Masters programmes
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
SOAS, University of London is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the University of London. Founded in 1916, it is regarded as one of the leading universities in Europe.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must possess a First Class Honours degree, from a UK institution or overseas equivalent.
- Applicants must have provided evidence in the statement of their admission application of:
- Their motivation and commitment to their chosen programme;
- Their leadership potential and demonstrated engagement in their community and the world beyond;
- Why they would be unable to fund their studies without this scholarship
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Open to UK/EU and Overseas applicants
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
The total value of the scholarship is £25,000. Fees will be deducted from this amount and the remainder can be used for maintenance.
There is a two-step procedure:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
You must submit a complete on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 11 January 2017).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (The UK local time) on 22 February 2017.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form, which will be available here on 24 January 2017.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.