The LSA Scholarships Office awards a small number of International Student Scholarships each year to incoming LSA students. These awards are renewable for four years of study and recipients are selected based on information provided through their scholarship application and their undergraduate admissions application.
International students admitted to the College of LSA should complete the International Student Scholarship application as soon as possible to ensure they are considered for these limited opportunities.
To qualify for an International Student Scholarship, a student:
- Must be an undergraduate admitted to a degree program in the College of LSA. Students will be considered even if they haven't enrolled yet.
- Must NOT be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be enrolled (or intend to enroll) full-time (12 credit hours or more) each term.
To maintain their International Student Scholarship, a student:
- Must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Must complete at least 20 hours of volunteer service over the course of each academic year.
- Must write a thank you letter to the donor of their scholarship, if applicable.
- Must attend the Scholarship Orientation that occurs during their first fall semester.
- Must attend any special events where their scholarship donor will also be in attendance.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
For qualified LSA students, the International Student Scholarship covers educational expenses such as tuition, room and board, and textbooks.
Award amounts can go up to 10,000 USD. All International Student Scholarships are renewable for four years of undergraduate study, provided students maintain eligibility by completing their requirements each academic year.