Louisa Alassendari Memorial Fund Scholarship in Australia
- Bachelor, Master
- 30 September 2020
**Louisa Alessandri Memorial Fund Scholarship
**The Scholarship is intended to assist a student with a physical disability to achieve his or her career aspirations. Funds may be used for a variety of purposes, including course fees, equipment, support, interpreters, transport, etc.
Eligible students must:
- have a physical disability, or a visual or hearing impairment, and provide a statement describing how the disability impacts on his/her ability to undertake study
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to an area of study that can lead to a possible career path in the future
- provide evidence of current enrolment in study with a recognised institution
- provide evidence of successful completion of at least one semester of relevant tertiary or post-secondary study
- have demonstrated leadership qualities and community involvement
- be under 40 years of age at close of applications on 30 September 2019
- be an Australian citizen and reside in WA.
The Scholarship is awarded by a Selection Panel appointed by the Dr Louisa Alessandri Memorial Fund Committee.
The value of the Scholarship is AUD $10,000. One or more Achievement Awards of $2000 may be granted at the discretion of the Selection Panel.
- Must address all eligibility criteria including a statement describing how the disability impacts his/her ability to undertake the study.
- Must include references from two referees who are able to support the applicant in terms of the eligibility criteria.
Only persons who know the applicant personally or professionally but are not family relatives may act as referees.
Interviews may be conducted with short-listed applicants at the discretion of the Selection Panel.
A recipient of the Scholarship will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarship a second time. Previous applicants who met the criteria and were not successful may apply again.
The Scholarship Committee reserves the right not to award the scholarship in any given year.
Applications close 30 September 2020.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.