LLM Scholarship for Developing Countries at SOAS University of London in UK, 2017
- 22 February 2017
The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London and International Students House (ISH) are jointly invited awarding a LLM Scholarship to the students from developing countries.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
SOAS, University of London is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the University of London. Founded in 1916, it is regarded as one of the leading universities in Europe.
Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Must be domiciled in a developing country.
- Possess a good honours degree, preferably first class, from a UK institution or overseas equivalent.
- Have an unconditional offer of admission to pursue the full-time LLM at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions and receive an unconditional offer by the deadline.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
SOAS will cover the cost of tuition fees at the overseas rate and ISH will provide free accommodation. The scholarship also provides a small contribution in food vouchers at ISH.
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
- Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission to the full-time LLM at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application together with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 11 January 2017).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK Local time) on 22 February 2017
- You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form, which will be available here on 24 January 2017.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.