The Iimura Peace Endowed Scholarship is a $5,000 fall award that recognizes an international student with intent to promote peace in Asia. This award is intended for international undergraduate students from Asia with preference given to students who lived or attended school in East Asia or students who have lived or attended school in Asia.
Limura Peace Endowed funding for Asian Students
- 1 April 2022
GPA requirement: undergraduate 2.0 or above and must be in good standing with your academic department.
- Have completed 2 semesters prior to the disbursement of the award.
- Essay of Involvement (500-1500 words, typed, double-spaced that addresses:
- What is your definition of promoting peace in Asia? Give examples.
- What organization/projects have you participated in that promoted peace?
- How do you plan to promote peace in your community based upon your experience here in the U.S.?
- Service Project
- Must be willing to complete a service project within one year of receiving the scholarship.
- Service projects will need to be submitted for approval.
- Service projects submitted must promote peace in community, either here in Austin or in your home country.
- After the completed service project, a report must be submitted along with a photo or video.
- More details on Service Projects will be given to recipient once awarded.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
In addition to fullfilling the eligibility criteria, the student has to make an online application.