The scholarship awards will be funded by the Singapore Press Holdings Foundation, which was set up in January 2003 upon the suggestion of the late Mr Lim Kim San.
The grant of awards, scholarships and bursaries to the public is within the objects of the Foundation, so that they can be administered as part of the Foundation’s activities, subject to the Foundation’s compliance with Endowment Rules, Institution of a Public Character (IPC) Operating Rules and other requirements.
The selection criteria are:
- Open to Singapore citizens whose monthly family income is S$5,000 or less
- Good results in the annual examinations at the local universities or
- Good GCE 'O' and 'A' level / polytechnic results
- Consistently good co-curricular activities records
- Successful scholarship recipients are expected to serve the society through volunteerism or community work during and after their studies
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
The scholarship award shall include the following items:
- Full course fees including tuition and examinations
- Living allowance of S$2,000 per annum
- Book allowance of S$300 per annum
- Subject to satisfactory behaviour and progress, the scholarship shall be tenable for the minimum period required by the scholar to complete the course of study for a first degree including, if applicable, the honours degree, but not exceeding a maximum of four years.
- No bond is required.
- Internship opportunities at SPH Media are also available for successful scholarship recipients upon request, and if there are suitable vacancies
All applications are to reach The Manager, Singapore Press Holdings Foundation, 1000 Toa Payoh North, Singapore 318994 by Saturday, 30 April 2022 (subject to extension) by post or email email@example.com to qualify.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be conducted in May/June 2022.