The LGBT Resource Center awards scholarships to students (undergraduate or graduate) every Spring semester with funding provided by our generous donors. These awards recognize outstanding students who are committed to supporting LGBTQIA+ communities.
LGBT Resource Center Scholarships for International Students in USA
- Master, Bachelor
- $2,000 - $3,500
- 22 February 2022
- Must be currently enrolled University of Utah student (undergraduate or graduate) OR an incoming student who has completed at least one semester at another university or college.
- Must have and maintain cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Financial need will be considered in selection process. Awardees will be required to complete a FAFSA process to have scholarship awarded. Applicants with questions or concerns about this may contact our office.
- Awardees will be required to complete HB 144 affidavit to have scholarship awarded. Our scholarships are available to undocumented/DACA students who have graduated from a Utah high school as well as international students. Applicants with questions or concerns about this may contact our office.
- Past LGBT RC scholarship awardees are welcome to reapply. Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
$2,000 - $3,500.
- Application Questions (250 words or less per answer):
- In what ways do you currently support LGBTQIA+ community? What efforts do you plan to begin or expand in the future? Please reference any involvement you are already doing in this regard, including activism, volunteering, academic work, art or cultural work, support of others, self-preservation, etc.
- What is your current educational plan (major, minor, future career, etc.) and what are you doing to ensure you are successful in this plan as a student?
- What would receiving this scholarship mean to you? How would it help you achieve your goals?
- Anything else you want the committee to consider when reviewing your application.
- Unofficial copy of most recent transcript in PDF format