LFA Pioneers Award
- 100% tuition fee
- 21 January 2019
The academy offers a free to apply, full scholarship (£23,000) each year to an emerging, female filmmaker, called the LFA Pioneers Award. The award was created to help a promising filmmaker who might otherwise, due to financial constraints, not be able to access training. The scholarship goes towards out one-year practical filmmaking diploma.
At a glance, this diploma is designed to provide students with a thorough grounding across all filmmaking disciplines and a strong repertoire of industry-relevant skills. Our comprehensive approach provides hands-on training across six key filmmaking disciplines, enabling students to discover where your strengths lie and ensuring they leave with a wealth of skills and practical knowledge.
To be considered for the full scholarship, please create an application via ‘My LFA’ on our website, then by send the following materials (as an email attachment or via a site that can support large file transfer to email@example.com):
- A written statement about the kind of stories you want to tell 1,000-1,500 words (approximately 2 pages, PDF format)
- A written statement explaining why you need the scholarship (maximum 1 page, PDF Format, titled PIONEERS AWARD STATEMENT)
- Visual material – a web link to a moving image piece/film that you have created (can be shot on a mobile phone) that expresses YOUR VOICE
- A university degree or equivalent, or relevant work experience.
- Two references
- Your current CV (PDF format)
- A copy of your passport/national identity (EU & UK applicants), or driving license (UK applicants only)
If your application is successful, you will be invited to interview in person at the LFA. Interviews are scheduled on 28 March – 1 April 2019. (NB. Interview will require a deposit of £50, refundable on timely attendance at the interview). The successful applicant will be informed by 2 April 2019. Only one place will be awarded at the LFA’s discretion and decided by selection committee. We look forward to receiving the above listed materials no later than 21 March 2019 at 9am.
Should you have any questions at all, please contact our Admissions team on +44 (0) 20 7386 7711, Skype: admissions.londonfilmacademy or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
_We are ensuring that we create opportunities for talented women who have the commitment to pursue a career in filmmaking. We urge talented women of any age to enter for this ‘one of a kind’ opportunity. _
To be considered for the full scholarship, please create an application via ‘My LFA’ on our website
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.