Offering maintenance and research expenses to allow applicants to spend a period of 12 to 24 months on advanced study or research at a centre of learning in any overseas country (excluding the USA). Non-UK residents are not eligible.
Leverhulme Study Abroad Studentships
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have been resident in the UK for at least five years at the time of application;
- hold an undergraduate degree (undergraduates are not eligible);
- hold a degree from a UK institution. This may be either the undergraduate degree or a further degree held by the applicant;
- either be a student at the time of application or have been registered as a student within the last eight years; and
- be able to demonstrate how their work would benefit from being conducted overseas rather than in the UK.
Those wishing only to improve their foreign language skills are not eligible for this scheme.
Applications will be considered in all subject areas with the exception of research that is of direct relevance to clinicians, medical professionals and/or the pharmaceutical industry.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The Studentships comprise:
- Basic annual maintenance allowance of £18,000
- A partner allowance of £6,000 if a student is accompanied by a dependant partner
- Return air fare
- Baggage allowance.