Leiden Excellence Scholarship
For excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master's degree programme and for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy.
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master's degree programme starting September 2015 or February 2016 (All MA, MSc and LLM programmes as mentioned on the website Master's programmes in Leiden, a number of programmes have a start date in September only).
- All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting September 2015 or February 2016 (programmes listed below have a September start date only, with the exception of Adv. Studies in Air & Space Law):
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air & Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Civil & Commercial Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Law & Digital Technologies
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Human Rights Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Children's Rights
- MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master´s degree
- Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards:
€ 10.000 of the tuition fee
€ 15.000 of the tuition fee
Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee (also referred to as home fee)
The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the students' academic level of excellence. Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.