Law Office of John J. Sheehan Overcoming Injuries Scholarship
- Bachelor, Master, Phd, Course
- The Law Office of John J. Sheehan will award one student with $1,000 to be used toward their education goals through The Overcoming Injuries Scholarship.
- July 30, 2019
The Law Office of John J.Sheehan is a personal injury law firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. As personal injury attorneys, we understand the challenges that come after a personal injury, and are committed to helping injured workers and accident victims get fair and just compensation.
Following this mission, we are pleased to announce our Overcoming Injuries Scholarship, which will award $1,000 to a student who has overcome a serious injury in their life.Through this scholarship we hope to give back to a student who has experienced hardship but continues to pursue their dreams.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student whose essay best describes a time when they or a loved one were physically injured and how they overcame it. In a 750-1000 word essay, discuss what the challenges involved and what you learned from the experience?
To be eligible for the Overcoming Injuries Scholarship, applicants must be enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Applicants may still submit an application if awaiting admission or deciding on an institution, however, the selected individual must be enrolled for the Spring of 2019 semester before receiving the financial aid.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
To apply for this scholarship, interested candidates should provide the following:
- A current resume with contact and education information,
- An official or unofficial academic transcript, and
- An essay of 750-1,000 words discussing how you or a loved one has overcome a personal injury. Explain the challenges you or a loved one faced, and the personal growth that came from such an experience.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.