Latin American Academic Achievement funding for International Students in New Zealand
- Master, Bachelor
- 30 January 2019
The purpose of the Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship is to encourage high-achieving, well rounded Latin American international students to Victoria University of Wellington and to support them in their studies.
Applicants must be enrolling in a full time undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington. PhD, Pre-degree, Study Abroad and Exchange students are not eligible for this award.
This award will apply only to new students who have not previously been enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington. An exception will be made for students who have previously completed a pre-degree course (EPP or Foundation) at Victoria University of Wellington.
Students must have met the English Language Requirements for study at Victoria University of Wellington as below. Please note that certain programmes may have different English language requirements - see www.victoria.ac.nz/international for more information.
- IELTS overall band of 6 with no subscore below 5.5
- TOEFL 80 on the internet-based test
- A minimum of three ratings of 4 and one rating of 3 in the Victoria University English Proficiency Programme test
- Pearson Test of English: A score of 58 (with a Communicative score of no less than 50)
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 with no subscore below 6
- TOEFL 90 on the internet-based test with at least 20 in writing
- A minimum of two ratings of 5 and two ratings of 4 in the Victoria University English Proficiency Programme test
- Pearson Test of English: A score of 65 (with a ‘Communicative’ score of no less than 58)
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
$5000 each for fees
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date.
Please visit our website for more information.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.