The language scholarship recognizes students with a strong background in Arabic*, French, German, Latin, Mandarin, or Spanish who wish to continue their study of language and culture at Centre. Majoring or minoring in a language is not required.
***students who wish to apply for the Arabic Language Scholarship do not need to have a strong background in Arabic, just an interest to study the language in college.
Students may apply for a language scholarship in more than one target language by submitting additional applications; however, students are only eligible for one scholarship in one target language. Students may apply for a language scholarship in their native language. International and domestic students are eligible for this opportunity.
Successful candidates should exhibit the following credentials:
- Proficiency in French, German, Latin, Mandarin, or Spanish. Or a desire to learn Arabic.
- The desire to study foreign languages and cultures
Language scholarship recipients who enroll at Centre College must:
- take two courses of their target language at Centre and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in these courses;
- take two courses of another foreign language or one course of another foreign language in addition to Linguistics 210, and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in these courses;
- pursue a study abroad opportunity.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Start preparing for IELTS today
$3,000 to $5,000 per year. This scholarship may be combined with another general merit scholarship.