K.U. Leuven Science Scholarships for International Students
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship :
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biology
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specialisations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statistics
- Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
- Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
Students applying for the two latter programmes can only qualify for the Scholarship when they register at the KU Leuven as main university.
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the Science@Leuven Scholarship, since this programme requires a master diploma.
Do not apply for the Scholarship if you are interested in another Master Programme. Your application will not be considered.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
- the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
- the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English,
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven
- the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
The students that have been awarded a scholarship will be asked to sign a contract that stipulates the conditions of acceptance.
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
If a student is awarded the full scholarship of 10.000 Euro, it is still advisable to bring some extra money. The expenses for a full year at the KU Leuven is estimated to be about 11.000 euro.
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are 2-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will be only be continued for students having had outstanding results the first master year.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.