K.S. Sandhu Graduate Scholarships
- Deadline: March 31, 2017
The ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute is offering K.S. Sandhu Graduate Scholarships to pursue the master degree programme at a Singapore university. These scholarships are awarded in the fields of Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, History, South-east Asian Studies, Political Science, International Relations or Economics.
The ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute is a regional research centre dedicated to the study of socio-political, security and economic trends and developments in Southeast Asia and it is wider geostrategic and economic environment.
For students for whom English is not their first language, evidence that they have attained the basic level of English language proficiency (TOEFL= 100 for the internet-based test (with a minimum of 22 for the writing section), IELTS = 7.0 ).
To be eligible, the candidate should:
- Be a Singapore citizen or permanent resident;
- Possess a good Honours degree (or professional qualifications of equivalent standing) in a relevant subject; and
- Have consistently good academic records.
Candidates who are prepared to take up courses and/or carry out research on Southeast Asia will be considered favourably, although this is not compulsory
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
- Each scholarship is tenable for one-year full-time study at a reputable university in Singapore
- Monthly stipend
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Successful candidates will be attached to ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute as a Graduate Student Assistant during his/her term of study (up to 8 hours per week), and upon completion of studies will serve a one-year bond as a Research Associate with the Institute.
Applicants are requested to send their application, consisting of a cover letter (stating where they intend to study and the course they are undertaking), curriculum vitae, educational certificates/transcripts, thesis topic and abstract or proposal (if applicable), and letters from two referees by post.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.