The Knowbe4 Veterans, Guard, Reserve & Spouse Cybersecurity Scholarship is Administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education.
Knowbe4 Veterans, Guard, Reserve & Spouse Cybersecurity Scholarship
- Master, Bachelor
- 29 August 2022
University of California, Davis
UC Davis is the home of the Aggies — go-getters, change makers and problem solvers who make their mark at one of the top public universities in the United States. All Scholarships from University of California, Davis
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident. • Must be pursuing, or planning to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity, information assurance or similar field by the Spring of 2023. • You may be an undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student, PhD Candidates are not eligible for award. • Must be one of the following three:
- Honorably discharged U.S. military veterans (including Reservists and National Guard personnel). Applicants may have been discharged from the military at any time prior to October 31.
- Current or former service in the National Guard or Reserve.
- Spouse, or surviving spouse, of active or honorably discharged Military, Veteran, Guard or Reserve.
• Those with an existing (ISC)² Certification are eligible to apply. • KnowBe4 and (ISC)² employees are not eligible for award. • If you are being considered for award you agree to a short video interview with KnowBe4. You must have camera capability for this Zoom meeting via computer, tablet or phone camera.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Number of Awards: One Award The recipient of the KnowBe4 Military, Veteran & Spouse Cybersecurity Scholarship will receive: • A $10,000 Scholarship to be applied to tuition, fees, books, electronics and up to $3,000 may be applied to on-campus housing. Scholarship may be paid all at once or spread out over multiple semesters including summer session. • Awards are paid directly to the college or university, recipients do not receive the scholarship award directly. • A (ISC)2 Certification Education Package: • One (ISC)² certification exam voucher (for the (ISC)²; certification exam of your choice). • Hard copy or digital study materials. • Practice exams. • (ISC)² Direct training seminar: in person, Instructor-led live online or self-paced (travel & lodging expenses not included). • First year membership fees paid upon passing the exam and becoming endorsed. • Exam Voucher and education package may be claimed upon graduation and will be good for one year from date of issue.
• Resume. • Letter of Reference. • Essay answers to be filled out in application: 500 words maximum per answer please
- Describe your personal, professional, military, and/or educational background. An introduction to who you are; a factual summary.
- Tell us how this scholarship will make a difference in your cybersecurity career path. What would receiving this scholarship mean to you?
- Why are you interested in cybersecurity and what are your professional aspirations?
- What makes you the best candidate to receive this scholarship? Describe what makes you stand out from your peers, and anything else about yourself you’d like to share in consideration to your application. We’ve established a baseline, so why should we choose you?
• Verification document(s) if awarded: • Veterans must be able to provide DD214 Short Form or similar documentation showing honorable discharge.
• Guard and Reserve must provide documentation verifying service. • Spouses will need to provide military ID or marriage license and DD214 Short Form or other verification of spouses’ service.