Khon Kaen University Scholarships for ASEAN and GMS Countries
- Deadline: April 28, 2017
The objective of the scholarships is to support education and extend educational opportunities to personnel in GMS and ASEAN countries with no binding condition or obligation.
Khon Kaen University or KKU is a public research university in Thailand. It was the first university established in northeastern Thailand and remains the oldest and largest university in the region.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- The applicant must hold one of the nationalities of these mentioned ASEAN or GMS countries.
- The applicant must have the official permission to study at Khon Kaen University from the institute/organization to which the applicant is affiliated in the homeland country, and must be able to show the authorized signature of the highest rank officer in charge or by a person with the equivalent authority. The applicant must not be over 40 years of age on the date of application; the final decision is made by the Committee only.
- The applicant must fulfill all the requirements as per those who are eligible to study in that particular curriculum at Khon Kaen University.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test.
- Tuition fees not exceeding 200,000 Baht per year (amount paid as actual expenses).
- Research/thesis costs of 18,000 Baht per year.
- Travel expense not exceeding 30,000 Baht. Khon Kaen University will pay a round-trip air ticket (economy class) to and from the designated capital city or principle city to Thailand as actual amount or transportation for the recipient from Lao PDR, Cambodia or Vietnam covering the travel expenses at an amount of 5,000 Baht (lump sum).
- VISA extension (one year VISA extension
Number of Scholarships: This is subject to the allocated budget from KKU budget of the year 2017.
The completed application along with documents are required to be received at the International Relations Division, Khon Kaen University by April 28, 2017 for your application’s receipt confirmation. The application process will be completed after you receive our confirmation E-mail. A scholarship package contain:
- One scholarship application form
- Two letter of recommendation
- One letter of permission
- Other supporting documents
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.