Kamran Djam Scholarships - SOAS University of London
- Bachelor, Master, Phd
- Partially Funded
- 3 May 2017
SOAS University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. Uniquely combining language scholarship, disciplinary expertise and regional focus, it has the largest concentration in Europe of academic staff concerned with Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Thanks to the generosity of the Fereydoun Djam Charitable Trust there are a number of Kamran Djam scholarships available for UK/EU and Overseas fee-paying SOAS students, providing a contribution towards fees of up to a maximum of £13,000 each year for the duration of the award. The MPhil/PhD scholarship is paid for 3 years. The MA is paid for one year (or two years if part-time). The Undergraduate scholarship is paid for one year.
SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2017/18, studying BA Persian. SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2017/18, studying BA Persian and another subject. Full-time or part-time MA Iranian Studies starting in 2017/18. Full-time MPhil PhD (new admissions only, starting in September 2017) in the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History starting in 2017/18.
- Applicants for the BA scholarships must expect to be awarded a first class Honours Degree. Applicants who expect an upper second class degree may also apply, but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MA Scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a 2.1 may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must possess or expect to be awarded a masters degree with a mark of Distinction from a UK university. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a mark of merit may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must have demonstrated in the research proposal of their application for admission that their research is in one of the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas fee-paying full time students.
- In order to be considered for the MPhil/PhD & MA scholarships, applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Iranian Studies at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
A maximum of £13,000 each year for the duration of the award.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.