The Junamici Scholarship was established in June 2017 by the Junamici foundation to support scholarships for the cost of attendance for one low-to-middle income undergraduate student with California residency for four years. Student shall be from the Division of Humanities and majoring or minoring in any foreign language offered at UCLA, provided that it is not his/her native language. Recipient could also be majoring or minoring in International Development Studies or Global Studies housed in the International Institute.
- 10 April 2022
- Have you filed the FAFSA?
- Please describe at least two personal experiences that shaped your interest in foreign languages, international development and/or global studies. Describe your future goals and how the scholarship would help you achieve them.
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who will provide a letter of reference. The recommendation cannot be from a peer or family member. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the Academic Works (aka Blackbaud) portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete.
- Will you be majoring or minoring in Global Studies through the UCLA International Institute?
- Will your major be within the Division of Humanities in the UCLA College?
- Will you be majoring or minoring in a foreign language offered at UCLA that is not your native language?
- Will you be majoring or minoring in International Development Studies through the UCLA International Institute?
- Please upload a current resume that includes extracurricular activities, employment, awards and skills
- Please write a 100-150 word bio that focuses on your interests in language and/or international studies and includes a brief statement of current career goals.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Award: Full amount of California resident fees at UCLA; renewable for four years
To apply for the scholarship: • You will create a unique login, using your preferred e-mail address and a password by clicking on the “SIGN UP” button. • Please complete the general scholarship application for prospective students, and answer any supplementary questions that may be required by a particular opportunity. • When returning to the application to make revisions, or apply for new scholarships, you will click on the “SIGN IN” button. Use the credentials you previously set up, so please remember your login email and password