This scholarship was established in 2006 with monies bequeathed from the estate of Verna Joyce Vaughan. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist Marine Biology research students, in particular Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders from Thursday Island or the Torres Strait Islands of Queensland.
Joyce and George Vaughan Bequest Scholarship at James Cook University
- Master, Phd
If all the below statements describe you and your current situation, you can apply for this scholarship:
- I am an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent visa holder;
- I am enrolled in a Masters or Doctorate level research course; and
- I am conducting research in the area of marine biology.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
$8,000 per year paid in two equal instalments in Study Period 1 and Study Period 2 each year. The maximum period of tenure of a scholarship is 2 years.
Applications must be submitted on the official form no later than the date set by the Selection Committee for the year in which the award is to be made.
Applicants must attach to the official form:
- A certified copy of their academic record from any other academic institution;
- no more than three references attesting to the applicant's good character and/or suitability to receive the scholarship;
- their curriculum vitae; and
any other supporting documentation that would assist the Selection Committee in developing an opinion as to the merit of the application, ie an Aboriginality form signed by a recognized organization under its common seal.
Applications submitted without the relevant documentation will not be considered.
The applicant authorizes the Selection Committee to make such inquiries as to the applicant's good character and suitability to receive the scholarship, which includes authorization for the Selection Committee to examine the applicant's academic record and seek opinions from relevant members of the academic staff of this University or any other academic institution.