“Jean d’Alembert” International Fellowships at University of Paris-Saclay
- Deadline: March 31, 2017
Applications are invited for The “Jean d’Alembert” Scholarship program of IDEX Paris-Saclay for qualified foreign scientists to stay for long periods (from 6 to 12 months) in one of the laboratories within its perimeter. Scientists from all disciplines and all countries are eligible.
Through this program, the Paris-Saclay Excellence Initiative aims to enable highly qualified foreign scientists to spend long periods of time (from 6 to 12 months) in one of the laboratories within its perimeter.
The University of Paris-Saclay would like to promote access to its master’s (nationally-certified degree) programs to international students, taught in its member establishments, and to make it easier for highly-qualified foreign students to attend its University especially those wishing to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
The university of Paris-Saclay is developing a strategy of international university cooperation, based on the quality of education provided by its members and research teams, which boast the highest international standards
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Diploma of Doctor (PhD) or equivalent, obtained for less than 10 years at the time of application for the Young Researchers program.
- The candidate must have been recruited as a researcher, engineer or teacher-researcher at the institution of origin (Tenure track possible).
- Candidates who have resided in France for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible.
- French citizens may apply for the program, provided that their usual place of residence and work has been abroad for at least five years.
- The head of the host laboratory will recruit the chairholder. When applying, the host laboratory must ensure that the age limit for recruitment is not exceeded before the end of the contract.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
The scholarship awarded includes:
- A supplement of monthly salary of 2600 € net for the program “young researcher” and 3300 € net for the confirmed researchers,
- Accompanying costs, which may include operating costs necessary to carry out the project and, more generally, costs related to the temporary establishment of the fellow in the laboratory in France.
The beneficiary should be able to benefit, through the host laboratory, from assistance related to the search for housing, the schooling of children, the learning of the French language, etc.
Applications must be submitted no later than March 31, 2017, at midnight, via the online form (link “Register” below). An acknowledgement will be sent. Responses will be given approximately one month after the deadline for applications. In all cases, the contract must be signed before December 31, 2017, and the contract end date may not exceed December 31, 2020.
- A complete CV including a list of publications
- Letters of recommendation, preferably from outside the Paris-Saclay perimeter
- A research project and possibly a training program or seminars developed jointly with the host team
- A letter from the host laboratory specifying, in particular, the accompanying costs requested under the “Jean d’Alembert” program.
For the purposes of the selection stage, it is preferable to report the department (s) UPSaclay of the project.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.