Jazz Scholarship - Master of Arts in Music
- 31 May 2020
For its third year running the Austrian radio station Ö1, will be awarding a jazz scholarship as part of its talent exchange initiative. The recipient of the scholarship will be awarded a study place as part of a two year Master’s of Arts in Music course at the JAM MUSIC LAB Private University for Jazz and Popular Music, Vienna.
The Ö1 Talent Scholarship sets out to support an outstanding artist who is active in contemporary jazz. They will receive a full scholarship at the JAM MUSIC LAB Private University for the Master of Arts in Music (Jazz) degree course, which spans over 4 semesters (120 ECTS credits).
- Instrumentalists and vocalists at maximum age of 28 years (at the time of submission), and who have the necessary formal study prerequisites, are admitted to apply.
- The recipient should possess a prominent spirit of innovation and originality in his/her sophisticated musical language. As interpreters, an openness and ability for outstanding musical communication and interaction should be shown. His/her music should express the exciting interrelations between style-defining tradition and composed and improvised forms of contemporary jazz.
- Application deadline is 31st May, 2020. The awarding of the scholarship will be decided by a panel of experts consisting of members of the university and Ö1.
- The scholarship recipient should be available for two Ö1 events (upon arrangement with Ö1).
Ö1 would like to give this young and promising generation of Austrian jazz musicians support in obtaining more exposure for their art. This scholarship is intended to give one of its recipients the first impetus towards the possibility of pursuing an international career.
Interested parties apply by 31th May, 2020 via email at email@example.com with the following documents:
- Description or documentation of previous musical experiences and projects, as well as previous musical education. A CV and a photo of the artist (min. 300 dpi).
- An unedited video with 2 to 3 significant musical performances of the applicant (preferably recording of a live performance, no professional image quality required, mobile phone recording sufficient).
From the entries the jury will select 10 finalists who will then be invited to the audition in June (exact date will be decided upon after consultation with all jury members).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.