Jane Coffin’s Childs Memorial Funding for Medical Research Fellowship
- $52,000+ p.a. + benefits
- 1 February 2021
The appointment will be for three years. The Fund recognizes that in some instances there may be valid reasons for changing both laboratory and sponsor during the course of your fellowship. Such changes require the permission of the Director with the advice of the Board of Scientific Advisers.
Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund for Medical Research
- Postdoctoral applicants should have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the deadline for submitting applications (February 1).
- PhD. degree must not have been conferred more than 18 months prior to the deadline date (February 1)
- MD. degree should not have been conferred more than three years before deadline date of application (February 1)
- PhD. candidates that do not have their degree at time of application deadline (February 1) are eligible to apply. If awarded, the applicant’s PhD. degree must be conferred prior to the start of the Fellowship.
Applicants may be citizens of any country, but for foreign nationals awards will be made only for study in the United States. American citizens may hold a fellowship either in the United States or in a foreign country.
The basic stipend is $52,000 for the first year, $54,000 for the second year, and $56,000 the third year, with an additional $1000 for each dependent child. There is no dependency allowance for a spouse.
An allowance of $2,000 a year toward the cost of the research will be made available to the laboratory sponsoring the fellow. The research allowance is not to be used for travel.
The Fellow will have access to $1,800 for travel to science meetings, please look at the travel policy. In addition to the travel allowance the Fund provides a travel award for the Fellow and their family to travel to the sponsoring laboratory.
An applicant, in addition to submitting evidence as to pre and postdoctoral training, must supply the following:
- the names and addresses of three individuals personally acquainted both with the applicant and with the applicants professional work, one of whom is to be the principal predoctoral advisor,
- in addition to the three references a letter from the Sponsor is required
- a suitably documented outline of the research problem proposed, and
- the written consent of the Chair of the Department and a responsible fiscal officer of the host institution indicating their willingness to accept and provide necessary facilities for the Fellow (Signature form). (Please note that in the event of multiple applications, it is the policy of the Fund to initiate no more than one fellowship under a particular sponsor in any fiscal year)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.