James B. Duke Scholarships for International Students at Furman University
- Bachelor, Master
- Full tuition + stipend
Duke Scholarships are Furman’s most prestigious academic awards, given each year to incoming students in recognition of their exceptional academic accomplishments as well as significant leadership, service and co-curricular involvement. These awards go to our most outstanding applicants–typically the top one or two percent of our applicant pool. Select students will be invited in early February to attend a Scholarship Interview Event, which will take place in March.
- Academic record: In past years, finalists have taken the most challenging curriculum available to them, including honors and AP classes, IB or other advanced curriculum choices. A’s dominate the transcripts of finalists. Standardized test scores of finalists are typically above 34 on the ACT or above 1500 on the SAT I.
- Extracurricular involvement: Finalists typically are involved in many activities outside the classroom. They hold significant leadership positions in their school or community and display exceptional creativity, commitment and enthusiasm in all they do. Often, they have been involved in activities on the county, state or national level.
- Personal achievement: In all they do, finalists seek challenges and make the most of opportunities presented to them.
- Full tuition, renewable for four years
- A stipend of up to $2,000 for a Furman, faculty-led Study Away experience
- A stipend of up to $3,000 for a summer internship or research experience
- Participation in the Riley Institute’s Advantage Scholars, a four-day residential program for incoming freshmen to discuss real-world issues and build community
- Membership in Furman’s Community of Scholars, which provides faculty mentors, as well as social, cultural, and intellectual programing throughout the year
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.