Investintech - CAJ Journalism Scholarship
- Master, Bachelor
- $1000 CAD
- 1 April 2020
Investintech, the Canadian developer of powerful PDF software solutions, has partnered with the Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) to help support and encourage journalism students by establishing a new annual scholarship contest open to Canadian students. The award is a cash prize of $1,000, a free one-year membership with the CAJ and a free pass to the annual national CAJ conference. The award will go to one student whose submission demonstrates strong data skills being applied in storytelling, such as the use of spreadsheets, mapping tools, web scraping.
The Investintech - CAJ Data Journalism Scholarship is open to students who show an interest in data journalism and are:
- Majoring in a journalism program, working towards either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Currently accepted to or enrolled in a college or university in Canada.
- Pursuing a course of studies leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
- One time, partial financial assistance with tuition fees
- One year CAJ membership for free ($20 value for student membership)
- CAJ membership access to free and discounted journalist tools and resources
- One free pass to the annual CAJ conference
- Workshops, panel discussions, as well as professional development and networking opportunities with other journalists and mentors in the industry
Application details can be found on our website.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.