Investintech, the Canadian developer of powerful PDF software solutions, has partnered with the Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) to help support and encourage journalism students by establishing a new annual scholarship contest open to Canadian students. The award is a cash prize of $1,000, a free one-year membership with the CAJ and a free pass to the annual national CAJ conference. The award will go to one student whose submission demonstrates strong data skills being applied in storytelling, such as the use of spreadsheets, mapping tools, web scraping.
Investintech - CAJ Journalism Scholarship
- Master, Bachelor
- $1000 CAD
- 1 April 2020
Able2Extract is a reliable PDF solution used by 90% of Fortune 100 companies. Securely convert, edit, protect, annotate & sign your PDF files. Try it free today.All Scholarships from Investintech
The Investintech - CAJ Data Journalism Scholarship is open to students who show an interest in data journalism and are:
- Majoring in a journalism program, working towards either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Currently accepted to or enrolled in a college or university in Canada.
- Pursuing a course of studies leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- One time, partial financial assistance with tuition fees
- One year CAJ membership for free ($20 value for student membership)
- CAJ membership access to free and discounted journalist tools and resources
- One free pass to the annual CAJ conference
- Workshops, panel discussions, as well as professional development and networking opportunities with other journalists and mentors in the industry
Application details can be found on our website.