International Scholarships for Doctoral, Master’s and Undergraduate Students
- Bachelor, Master, Phd
- 30 April 2017
Xiamen University is offering up to 24 scholarships for doctoral, masters and undergraduate students. These scholarships are available for international (non-Chinese) students for 2017 intake.
Xiamen University, colloquially known as Xia Da, located in Xiamen, Fujian province, is the first university in China founded by overseas Chinese. Established by Tan Kah Kee in 1921, the university was originally known as Amoy University.
In order to enhance its internationalisation, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programmes for international students. These programmes are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of the Chinese society and culture.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Educational background and age limits:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
The TOEFL® test is a popular option for students to meet the English-language requirements for scholarships.
The University offers scholarships to doctoral, masters and undergraduate candidates. The first-class scholarships for doctoral and master’s candidates will have their tuition covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2 or 3 years for master’s programmes) and offer monthly living allowance (RMB 3,500 for each doctoral student; RMB 3,000 for each master’s student). Undergraduate candidates will not be provided with the first-class scholarship. The second-class scholarships will have the awardees’ tuition covered (a maximum of 4 years for doctoral programmes, 2 or 3 years for master’s programmes, 4 or 5 years for undergraduate programmes).
Number of Scholarships: 24 (including 8 for doctoral candidates, 11 for master’s candidates and 5 for undergraduate candidates)
Send by post to XMU’s Admissions Office the two forms and other required documents. Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted to the undergraduate, master or doctoral programme of Xiamen University.
- Applicants are required to make an online application and then download and print out the Application Form for International Students generated upon successful online application.
- Applicants fill in and print out the Application Form for XMU Scholarship
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.