International Postgraduate Research Studentships - University of Liverpool
- Partially Funded
- NaN undefined NaN
The Chemistry Department at the University of Liverpool has launched a pilot international postgraduate research studentship programme that will grant full tuition waiver to a small number of highly qualified non-EU nationals with BSc or MSc degrees from top universities worldwide admitted into its PhD programme. he UK Government ranks the Chemistry Department 2nd best overall in the country and 1st in its quality of scientific output (REF2014). The Department hosts several unique research centers, including the new £65M Materials Innovation Factory and Leverhulme Centre in New Materials.
To be eligible, applicants should have:
- either a BSc degree or be in the final year of a BSc degree programme in Chemistry (broadly defined) or a related discipline with the overall undergraduate GPA of 80% or better as determined by our admissions office. In exceptional cases, applicants with GPA below 80% will be considered IF they have GRE Quantitative, Analytical and Chemistry scores in 80 percentile or better.
- met the minimum English proficiency requirements of the University and UK Visa requirements.
- demonstrated aptitude for research in chemistry through, for example, research component of their undergraduate degree.
- successfully passed the admissions interview conducted by the staff of the department of Chemistry at the University of Liverpool.
- sufficient funds to cover their maintenance (living) expenses at Liverpool (students admitted through this programme may have an opportunity to earn extra money by demonstrating (teaching) and/or through small payments from their research supervisor, but such an arrangement cannot be guaranteed and will be decided on a case-by-case basis after the student is admitted. Consequently, the students should be able to prove access to funds up to £9,135 per year in order to obtain the UK student visa).
PRC nationals: Students admitted onto this programme will receive an offer of admission which makes them eligible to apply for the China Scholarship Council fellowship to fund their study at Liverpool. The CSC fellowship, however, is NOT a pre-requisite for admission to this programme.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The students admitted onto this programme will: receive full waiver of tuition and student fees for up to 42 months as long as they make adequate progress. not be required to demonstrate (teach).
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.