International Postdoctoral Position in Skin Mechanobiology at University of Copenhagen
- Salary starts at 34.650 DKK
- 30 August 2020
We are seeking an enthusiastic and outstanding post-doctoral candidate with a strong background in either mouse and stem cell biology and/or molecular biology. The candidate will implement lineage tracing techniques and transcriptomic profiling to identify key cellular and molecular players regulating stretch-mediated tissue expansion in vivo. By combining clonal analysis to study cell fates dynamics, whole tissue imaging, single cell RNA sequencing and chromatin profiling, the candidate will master the underlying principles of tissue architecture maintenance upon mechanical perturbations.
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree in cell/molecular/developmental/stem cell biology/ or similar, with a track-record of successful scientific work.
- Candidates should have a strong background in mouse genetics, cell and molecular biology and/or cell imaging. Alternatively candidates with a background in transcriptomic applied to animal models are also encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience using rodents as a research model, stem cell culture, embryo explants and/or next-generation sequencing and bioinformatics are considered an advantage.
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written, are prerequisite for the successful candidate.
- A solution-oriented, organizational and positive mindset is required. The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment both independently and as part of the team is essential.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
The employment is planned to start 1 November 2020 or upon agreement with the chosen candidate. The employment is initially for 2 years with the possibility for renewal. The terms of employment are set according to the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations or other relevant professional organization. The position will be at the level of postdoctoral fellow and the basic salary according to seniority. Currently, the salary starts at 34.650 DKK/approx. 4,.650 Euro (April 2020-level). A supplement could be negotiated, dependent on the candidate ́s experiences and qualifications. In addition a monthly contribution of 17.1% of the salary is paid into a pension fund.
Non-Danish and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions, if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.
The position is covered by the “Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at the Universities” of December 11, 2019.
Apply via the website.
The application must include:
- Motivation letter (It should describe your long-term research vision, the reason for applying to be part of our team and why you think you are the right candidate to fill this position).
- Curriculum vitae incl. education, experience, previous employments, language skills and other relevant skills.
- List of three references (full address, incl. email and phone number).
- List of publications.
- Copy of diplomas/degree certificate(s).
For further information contact Associate Professor Mariaceleste Aragona, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.