International Masters Research Scholarships in New Zealand
- Tuition fees, honorarium + cadidature budget
- 20 December 2020
We have a number of Masters scholarships available for outstanding international applicants residing outside of Australia and commencing study in 2021.
The scholarships are available across a range of research project areas, including:
- Engineering & Science
- Mechanisms & Interventions in Health & Disease
- Sport Performance & Business
- Social & Cultural Transformation research
- Healthy & Inclusive Communities – Sport, Physical Activity & Culture.
Master of research practice:
Completion of an Australian Bachelor Honours degree (or equivalent) in the same discipline with an average grade of Distinction (or equivalent).
Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in the same discipline with an average grade of Distinction (or equivalent).
Master of research:
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in the same discipline with an average grade of Distinction (or equivalent) in the final year.
Completion of an Australian Bachelor Honours degree (or equivalent) in a different discipline with an average grade of Distinction (or equivalent).
Applicants must meet English language requirements for masters degrees for international students. You will need to provide evidence of achievement of one of the following levels of English language proficiency:
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0).
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
- Listening: 19
- Speaking: 19
- Reading: 18
- Writing: 22.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50).
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- Tuition fees: between AU$25,000-30,000 per annum
- Honorarium: up to $AU10,000 based on Milestone Achievements
- Candidature budget: up to AU$1500-$3350, depending on discipline
Apply through the online application system(external link).
- This scholarship is only available to International applicants who are residing off-shore for the entirety of the course.
- If successful, you will still be required to lodge an application via the VU International portal.
- It will be at the discretion of the relevant Institute to determine which course you will be allocated based upon your application.
- You are only permitted to submit an application for one project. If you submit more than one application, only your most recent will be taken into consideration.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.