Alvernia University offers a limited number of international scholarships to qualified degree-seeking students. Interested students must complete a separate scholarship application in addition to an application for admission.
All students who wish to study at Alvernia University must complete an online Alvernia admission application, which can be done by clicking here.
Alvernia University offers scholarships to each admitted international freshman and transfer student wishing to earn an undergraduate degree as a traditional day student at our main Reading campus.
These merit scholarships are renewable for four years (up to eight semesters), all in the same amount. Scholarships cannot be combined with any other award, including a government scholarship, therefore an applicant cannot apply for an Alvernia International Scholarship if they are already receiving another financial award.
- Be a full time, degree-seeking undergraduate student attending mostly daytime classes.
- Have earned a minimum 3.0 overall cumulative GPA by the May 1 scholarship application deadline.
- Meet English proficiency and financial specifications.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
Submit each of the following documents to Alvernia's International Admissions by the May 1 application deadline:
- International Scholarship application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the application once you have been admitted to Alvernia University.
- Statement of proposed study. This should be a separate document, in which the student applicant explains (in 300 words or less) why Alvernia University should provide them with a scholarship and how their academic and personal goals will contribute to our campus community.
- Unofficial Grade Report. The student must submit all grades from all previous schools attended.
- One Letter of Recommendation. This letter must be submitted with the scholarship application packet before the deadline.