International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) - Three-Month Fellowships
- Fully Funded
- NaN undefined NaN
The ICO Three-Month Fellowships help promising young ophthalmologists from developing countries improve their practical skills and broaden their perspectives of ophthalmology. Fellows are expected to bring the acquired knowledge and skills back to their home country and take part in programs to preserve and restore vision.
Approximately 60 three-month fellowships are awarded each year. For applications submitted by the March 31 deadline, the fellowship is awarded and notices are sent out in July. The earliest start date is October 1 of the same year. For applications submitted by the September 30 deadline, the fellowship is awarded and notices sent out in January. The earliest start date is April 1 of the same year.
- Residency training must be completed before applying for the fellowship.
- Specialist exam in ophthalmology must be successfully passed.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- Applicant must return to home country after the training, resume previous positions, and apply the knowledge gained during the fellowship.
- Applicant must be reasonably fluent in the language of the fellowship training center.
- Applicants who have passed the ICO Basic Science, the ICO Clinical Sciences, or the ICO Advanced Examinations for Ophthalmologists (www.icoexams.org) will receive special consideration.
- Applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will receive special consideration.
Award: US$6000 (maximum) to cover travel and living expenses for three months. The exact amount is subject to actual student-style living expenses in the host country.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.