International Australian Research Council Discovery Project Fellowship in Australia
- $28,092 p/a stipend + benefits
We are seeking a PhD student with the equivalent of a First Class Honours or Master’s degree in physical chemistry, physics or an equivalent discipline to participate in an Australian Research Council Discovery Project on unravelling the dominant drivers of ion specificity.
This exciting PhD project involves collaboration between teams in the Research School of Physics at the ANU, The University of Newcastle and Flinders University. The student will have a unique opportunity to contribute towards new knowledge in the fields of colloid and interface science and soft condensed matter. In particular they will participate in an experimental program to better understand the fundamentals of ion specific effects, in particular how ions partition at interfaces. Ion specific effects are ubiquitous in soft matter systems including biology and in a diverse range of industry relevant and commercial fluids so improved fundamental understanding will have wide impact.
The Australian National University
- Domestic and international candidates are eligible.
- Candidates must have the equivalent of an Australian Bachelor degree with First Class Honours (or equivalent) or a Master degree (with a significant research component) in Physical Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or equivalent.
- You must be able to demonstrate the capacity to undertake independent research.
- Candidates must meet ANU English language requirements.
Stipend: $28,092 pa (2020 rate) for up to 3.5 years, plus benefits (as outlined in the Conditions of Award).
Applicants should email Professor Vincent Craig directly at email@example.com, to express interest. In your email include a cover letter of no more than 1 page expressing your motivation to apply for this position, your CV and a copy of your academic transcripts with all subjects studied and grades obtained.ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.