Intensive Language Courses offered in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates
The scholarship programme aims to help students and graduates improve their German proficiency and their cultural knowledge of the country. Therefore, these grants are awarded to attend intensive German courses at a language school or institute in Germany (list of courses:www.daad.de/isk-kursliste).
Who can apply?
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes as well as doctoral candidates in any subject area; Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Students in the last year of a Bachelor programme are eligible to apply if they intend to start a Master's degree programme shortly after completing their BA. Please submit a letter of confirmation from the university as proof.
- Graduates who work in higher education and completed their last academic degree no longer than six years before the time of application are eligible to apply.
- Students/graduates from the areas of German studies, German as a foreign language and translation courses are not eligible.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
- One-off scholarship payment of 2,300 euros
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see www.daad.de/rkp-hsk\_hwk\_isk (the overview of travel allowances for 2015 will be published from November 2014)
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.