The Indonesian Education Scholarship (BPI) for Master’s and PhD programmes is a scholarship programme funded by the Indonesian government and is managed by LPDP to finance higher education in Indonesian or overseas institutions.
It involves a full scholarship for programmes at top universities. The applicants targeted for the BPI scholarship are Indonesian citizens with excellent academic achievement and strong leadership quality who wish to continue pursuing studies on a Master’s or PhD level.
Applicants for a Master’s programme scholarship should fulfill the following requirements:
- Indonesian citizen;
- Have graduated from a Bachelor’s programme;
- Has a character of leadership;
- Participate in social, science, innovation, creativity or culture activities;
- Write an essay (500 to 700 words) with the theme: “My contribution for Indonesia”;
- Maximum age of applicants on 31 December in the year of registration is 35 (thirty five) years.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
Take A Free Practice Test!
The benefits and monetary value of the scholarship are unknown.
The application for the BPI scholarship is open throughout the year, with four selection times: March, June, September, and December. You should start your Master’s no later than six months after the application period closes.