IMPRS-MCB PhD Scholarships for International Students
- 20 March 2017
The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular and Cellular Biology (IMPRS-MCB) is now accepting applications for Fall 2017. The research carried out at IMPRS-MCB focuses on diverse questions in the fields of: Immunobiology, Epigenetics, Cell Biology, Metabolism, Biochemistry, Proteomics, Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics.
PhD program provides outstanding students with excellent research-oriented interdisciplinary training in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Epigenetics, Immunobiology and Molecular Biology.
The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular and Cellular Biology (IMPRS-MCB) was established in 2006 as a joint initiative of scientists from the University of Freiburg and the Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics.
The official language of the programme is English, and knowledge of German is not required to apply to IMPRS-MCB.
IMPRS welcome applications from excellent and highly motivated students of all nationalities with a passion for science. We expect:
- Outstanding academic record (GPA >80%, first or upper second class degree, top 10% of students in a given year)
- Practical lab experience of at least 4-6 months
- Excellent English language skills (TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent certificate recommended if you are not a native speaker or did not complete your University education in an English-speaking country)
Students receive student contracts according to the guidelines by the Max Planck Society for the duration of their PhD (3-4 years). The payment is sufficient to cover the monthly living costs in Freiburg. There are no tuition fees to be paid.
Applications can be submitted via our online application tool only. Documents students will need
- Essay of Research Experience and Motivation (max. 2 page)
- Essay detailing a leadership experience in your life (max. 1 page)
- Transcripts of your academic education (Diploma, MSc and BSc or equivalent)
- Certificates of your degrees (Diploma, MSc and BSc or equivalent)
- English language certificate (recommended if you are not a native speaker or did not complete your University education in an English-speaking country, not mandatory)
- Results of knowledge tests (GRE, GATE or equivalent if available – not mandatory)
- Contact details of three referees – Please inform your referees before you enter their email addresses in the application system.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.