Imperial College London British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM
- Full tuition fee, stipend + benefits
- 26 March 2021
Imperial College London is pleased to announce the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM for the 2021/22 academic year.
In partnership with the British Council, Imperial College London is offering six fully funded scholarships for female students studying on an eligible programme from one of the countries listed in the Eligibility section.
The Scholarships have been created with the aim to help address the under-representation of women in STEM. Applicants will be required to demonstrate their financial need and how they would inspire future generations of women to pursue a career in STEM.
The following courses are eligible for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM:
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering – Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc Climate Change, Management and Finance – Imperial College Business School
- MSc Ecology, Evolution and Conservation - Department of Life Sciences
- MSc Environmental Data Science and Machine Learning – Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc Environmental Engineering - Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc Environmental Technology - Centre for Environmental Policy
- MRes Green Chemistry, Energy and the Environment – Department of Chemistry
- MSc Hydrology and Water Resources Management – Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc International Health Management - Imperial College Business School
- MSc Sustainable Energy Futures – Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- MSc Taxonomy, Biodiversity and Evolution – Department of Life Sciences
- MSc Transport – Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
To apply for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, you must:
- be a passport holder and permanent resident of Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru or Venezuela
- be available to commence your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021
- have received an offer to study for one of the eligible programmes by 2pm (GMT) on Friday 26 March 2021
- Have completed your undergraduate degree or have all components of an undergraduate degree to date that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at Imperial College London by the time you submit your application
- Meet the English language requirement for your programme or pass the Pre-Sessional English Programme at Imperial College London
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK.
- Return to the country of your citizenship for a minimum of two years after your course/scholarship has finished
- Demonstrate a case for financial need
- Demonstrate your interest in the programme that you are applying for and that you are active in your chosen field
- Demonstrate that you are willing to contribute in the future to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from Imperial College London and returning your home country
- Demonstrate in your application that you plan to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country
- Agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after your study in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during your study in the UK will take up no more than five hours per term.
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
Each scholarship covers full tuition fees, a monthly stipend for a year and a return flight. It also covers other related costs including the IELTS exam fee, visa application, NHS surcharge and study materials.
Additional funding is available if scholars have caring responsibilities.
You can apply online by clicking here.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.