IDB-KAUST Joint PhD Scholarships Program in Saudi Arabia, 2017
- Deadline: January 6, 2017
Applications are invited for IDB-KAUST Joint PhD Scholarships Program for the students of IDB member countries. Scholarships are available to pursue full-time 4-year PhD programme. Scholarships sponsored jointly by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to study at KAUST.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate research university of science and technology renowned by global benchmarks.
KAUST advances science and technology through distinctive and collaborative research integrated with graduate education. They are a catalyst for innovation, economic development and social prosperity in Saudi Arabia and the world.
All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English, the language of instruction at KAUST.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The candidate must be:
- A citizen of an IDB member country (visit the IDB Merit Scholarship Program for a full listing of member countries)
- Age not over 35 years
- Engaged in full-time employment in an academic, research or development institute in the home country and the application is nominated by that institution
- Meets the eligibility criteria of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program
- Have a firm admission offer at the KAUST for a PhD program
Selection of candidates under this joint program will be within the scope of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program. Interested candidates must follow these criteria and procedures to apply for the scholarship. Information about IDB and KAUST is available from their respective websites.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Schedule an IELTS test >
All admitted students receive the benefits of the KAUST Fellowship which support students for the duration of their graduate studies. The benefits of the KAUST Fellowship include:
- Full tuition support
- Monthly living allowance (ranging between $20,000-30,000 annual, depending on qualifications and progression through degree programs)
- Medical and dental coverage*
- Relocation support
* Charges may apply to dependent housing and medical and dental coverage.
The mode of application is online. There are six components to the KAUST Fellowship application, including:
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- University provided an official copy of Transcripts / Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Record from every institution previously attended. A scan of the transcript provided by the university in the native language must be uploaded into the online application form along with the certified English translation. Your transcript must include the university grading scale for all documents submitted. If offered admission, an official final transcript must be sent to the Office of Admissions prior to arrival (during the onboarding process) in a sealed envelope to Office of Admissions
Building 9, Suite 4335
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Thuwal, Jeddah 23955-6900
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS English language proficiency score (A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.)
- Official GRE scores (GRE submission is strongly encouraged and will enhance your application, but it is not a compulsory requirement for consideration.)
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.