Two scholarships are awarded to academically outstanding graduate students in the Department of History who are studying immigration to Western Canada. Preference is for students with demonstrated financial need.
Hutchinson Graduate Scholarship
- PHD, Master
This is a scholarship by
University of Victoria
The University of Victoria is a public research university located in the municipalities of Oak Bay and Saanich, British Columbia, Canada.All Scholarships from University of Victoria
- To qualify for any graduate scholarships you must be unconditionally admitted to a master's or doctoral degree program and be registered in enough units in your graduate degree program.
- UVic Graduate Awards of up to $10,000 per academic year require a minimum GPA of 6.0/9.0 or higher (as of 2022-2023) and a minimum of 1.50 units per term.
- Graduate Awards allow for part time registration in a minimum of 1.5 units each term.
- Graduate donor awards, those funded by private donors, require full time registration in a minimum of 3.0 units unless the specific terms of the scholarship indicate that it may be issued to a part time student, or a student who has completed their graduate program. See the list of all donor awards and their terms.
- Graduate students registered with the Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) are considered to be full time when registered in 1.5 units, and are eligible to be considered for all UVic graduate scholarships when registered in 1.5 or more units. Students must identify themselves to FGS and send a copy of their CAL letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To maintain eligibility and avoid delays in scholarship payments, register at least two-to-three weeks, or more, in advance of each term in the required number of units.