Since 1997, the Hongkong Bank Foundation contributed in scholarships, bursaries and other development awards to more than 300 students from tertiary institutions in Hong Kong. It covers a wide range of scholarships such as scholarships for local, mainland and international students, for overseas exchange, for students with disabilities etc.
HSBC Overseas Scholarship
The University of Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong (or HKU, as it is familiarly known to students, staff and alumni) is the oldest tertiary education institution in Hong Kong. On March 16, 1910, Sir Frederick Lugard, the then Governor of Hong Kong, laid the foundation stone for the University.All Scholarships from The University of Hong Kong
The HSBC Overseas Scholarship is open to HKU non-final year full-time undergraduate students who meet the following requirements:
- Hong Kong permanent residents with the right of abode in Hong Kong.
- GPA of 3.7 or above / top 3% of class in the first semester of the academic year
- Well-rounded, having participated in extra-curricular and community service activities.
- No extensive experience of living or studying overseas.
- Priority will be given to applicants who are in a financial situation which does not permit overseas study or extensive travel overseas;
- Commitment to Hong Kong.
Duolingo English Test
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities around the world.
The Scholarship will cover (1) tuition fee of the overseas institution; (2) a minimum economy return airfare; and (3) reasonable room and board costs, books, a small portion of living expenses and visa application fees; up to a maximum amount of HKD300,000. The final amount of scholarship to be awarded to each scholar shall be subject to approval by HSBC.
Selection by: Open application and interview