Honours Scholarship in Regolith Science, Australian National University
- Bachelor, Master
- Partially Funded
- NaN undefined NaN
This scholarship is offered by the ANU College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences and the ANU College of Medicine, Biology & Environment to support Honours or Coursework Masters student research in the fields of Regolith Science.
Field of study - Honours in fields of Regolith Science
Selection will be made on the basis of academic merit, and in accordance with the eligibility criteria and application requirements. A personal interview may be required if deemed appropriate by the Selection Committee.
Regolith science incorporates the study of the weathered zone, including soils, sediments, weathered rocks, water and biota. Regolith science is multi-disciplinary and can include aspects of earth sciences (geology, geochemistry and geophysics), environmental science, planetary science, geography, soil science, water resources and biology, in order to understand landscape evolution, biogeochemical cycling of elements, groundwater and surface water resources (water quantity and water quality), impacts of human activity (such as agriculture, mining and/or urbanisation).
The award shall be available to a prospective or continuing ANU student who is:
- a domestic or international student;
- enrolled or enrolling in an Honours or coursework Masters program in the Colleges in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science;
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) Honours;
- Bachelor of Philosophy;
- Master of Earth Sciences (Advanced);
- undertaking a research project that is consistent with the broad field of regolith science. Projects can include laboratory and/or field and/or modelling studies.
Scholarship will $5,000 stipend and $5,000 research project funding.
Sign Up for Scholarship Updates
Get an email every week that 10.000's of students use to get the latest scholarships.